M.akeup products are essential for our busy modern lifestyle. Lipstick has a special place in every woman’s heart. So we can never ignore buying these beauty essentials.
In India, cosmetic brands have begun to support animal welfare – animal-tested products are slowly gaining popularity. However, not all popular Indian makeup brands offer cruelty-free cosmetics; It is best to check before buying. Many brands have begun working tirelessly to offer us cruelty-free and vegetarian options.
Thinking of “unfamiliar” terms like vegetarian cruelty-free? They are explained below:
- Cruelty free: Makeup products that are not tested on animals are considered cruelty-free.
- Vegan: Makeup products that are not tested on animals and do not contain animal derivatives such as honey, beeswax, milk, etc., are considered vegetarian products.
Here, we bring you the top 5 makeup brands in India, where you can buy an amazing cruelty-free lipstick.
- Lotus Herbal: Since 1993, Lotus Herbal has been well-known as one of the leading natural cosmetics companies. From the range of herbal skincare to makeup products, only herbal ingredients are used that are cruelty-free. It is one of the famous makeup brands which includes a full range of cosmetic products. Each of these products is specially made to match Indian skin tone. No wonder you can add bright red lipstick to your collection, especially for big thick Indian weddings.
- They are common: Zivame makes one of the most popular cruelty-free makeup ranges and skin care products. It is an established and well-known brand worldwide. The products offered by the brand are made with excellent quality ingredients which have no harmful side effects. Get your favorite nude shade lipstick from the unique Zivame collection to brighten up your mundane office days.
- Plum goodness: The award-winning skincare and makeup brand was founded in 2013 by a chemical engineer. It is known as the only vegetarian cosmetics brand in India. Plum produces cruelty-free and vegetarian cosmetic products that look amazing on Indian skin tones without harmful effects. It provides eco-friendly products. You can definitely buy plum’s skin, hair and body care range. The Plum Green Tea range is one of the top picks among consumers. They have launched a campaign – # Empties4Good – which collects and recycles empty plum bottles from their consumers. You will get Rs 50 as shopping credit for recycling.
- Just herbal Another famous, cruelty-free Indian brand that creates amazing makeup and skincare ranges. The ingredients used are primarily herbal and plant-based. It was founded by an award-winning biochemist – Dr. Nina Chopra. He started making skin care products using his own formula of Indian herbs and spices.
- Tingz Cosmetics: It is a famous brand in India that makes cruelty-free makeup products using natural ingredients. All these products are toxin-free and sulfite-free. They can customize your personal shades of foundation and lipstick. Try their long lasting liquid lip color. These are perfect for every Indian skin tone.
Total 6 views, 6 views today